When I try on a pair of shoes that I really really think I’m going to buy, I like to wear ‘em around the store for a while. Walk on the carpet. Walk on the wood floor. The tile floor. So bear with me while I try on new “site shoes”. Bear with me a little bit while I try these out.
What you are SUPPOSED to do!
I’m supposed to do all the work in a test area. Make all the changes. Test everything. Even run some user tests. BUT I don’t really have a test server per se. And what fun would you have?
How do you know you are unhappy with your site theme
Update appears at end of post.
I knew I was but I kept thinking things would get better. What’s that definition of stupidity? Doing the same thing that you did before & expecting a different result.
When that thought hit me I realized that things weren’t going to change. Anyway, for a how-to-know list, click the title. Continue reading
by Michael Hastings
Full Title: Evernote for Beginners: The Ultimate Guide to Mastering Evernote in 24 Hours
Author: Michael Hastings
Publisher: Self-published via Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
Publish Date: October 27, 2014
Pages if printed: 18
Format: Kindle only (can be read via Kindle Cloud Reader); Free via KindleUnlimited.
How Obtained: Free download Kindle
How Read: on Kindle Fire HDX (3rd generation)
Quick Review for the Genealogist:
Simple steps plus utilization of a TNG “Mod” for better conversion at import of the GEDCOM:
- Export FTM 2012 data file in GEDCOM 5.5 format.
- What is a GEDCOM? A file whose purpose is to exchange genealogical data between different genealogy software programs. GEDCOM is an acronym for Genealogical Data Communication.
- Install a FTM-to-TNG “Mod” in TNG 10.0.2.
- What is a Mod in TNG? An add-on program providing additional capabilities to TNG. Installed with TNG’s built-in Mod Manager.
- Mod selected for use with the import of Family Tree Maker data: FTM-to-TNG Gedcom Converter Mod which converts Family Tree Maker (FTM) 2012 GEDCOM files so that they can be uploaded correctly in TNG. The latest Mod version, v126.96.36.199 , added a new optional feature to suppress secondary events.
- Clear old crufty genealogy data out of TNG site (optional step).
- Import GEDCOM file into TNG 10.0.2.
Let’s begin… Continue reading